Fire at SSKM hospital, patients shifted


Fire broke out on the second floor of the emergency department of SSKM Hospital.It is reported that fire broke out in the CT scan department on the second floor around 10 pm on Thursday. The area is filled with smoke. The electricity was disconnected after the fire was noticed. Initially two fire engines started working but later seven more engines were used. No patient or health worker was injured in the fire, a hospital source said. Initially, the firemen assumed that the fire might have started from a short circuit. A relative of the patient named Samser Ali Khan, who was present at the scene, said that the smell of burning was first detected in front of the emergency department. After that, smoke can be seen coming out from the second floor. Patients were evacuated from the new casualty block on the second floor and shifted elsewhere. Arup Biswas, state minister and chairman of the hospital’s patient welfare association, said a scan machine caught fire. No one was injured in the incident. The fire has been brought under control.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *